Spring is coming up, and that’s why we’ve started thinking about spring cleaning! While you might want to wait until the weather warms up a little more to get started, we like to get started on the list as soon as possible.
The first step is to make a list of what needs to be done. This is a good way to divide up the tasks and not feel overwhelmed.
- Wipe walls and ceilings. You won’t realize how dingy they’ve gotten until you’ve cleaned them. Start with a thorough dusting and then give them a scrub with hot water and ecofriendly cleaning solution. (Test the cleaning solution on a surface first!)
- Vacuum and deep clean rugs (with shampoo and a professional grade scrubber).
- Wash windows – outside and inside.
- Dust all your shelves and surfaces.
- Polish metal door knobs, window frames, and decorative silver items.
- Use wax to polish and buff your wood furniture (and floors if you are feeling ambitious).
- Go through your baking / spice cupboard, bathroom cupboard, and cleaning cupboard to find expired items. Throw them out in the appropriate ecofriendly manner advised on the bottle.
- Change your closets and bedsheets to reflect the season.
Now it’s time to move on to the outdoors!
- You are going to need to clean your gutters and remove all the leaves that have collected in there over the winter.
- Now is a good time to get rid of dead plants that have accumulated over the winter and add them to your compost.
At Magic Clean, we would be glad to get all your scrubbing, window wiping, buffing and polishing done for you. That will give you time to start thinking about your spring garden! If you are interested in having Magic Clean get your home ready for spring, call us soon. Our intensive cleaning will have your house looking new and fresh in no time at all.No Comments »
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.